- The Colona School Board Approved the 2016 Colona School District Tax Levy as presented. The approved 2016 tax levy, through a Property Tax Abatement Resolution passed during the November meeting, will lower the Colona School District tax rate from $3.91 to $3.89. The Tax Abatement will utilize Henry County 1-cent sales tax revenue to off-set $69,350 in Bond and Interest on Alternate Revenue Bonds the district sold in 2015 to make improvements in the school kitchen and cafeteria. The Property Tax Abatement will lower the 2016 tax levy by 1.04 percent from 2015 and will save approximately $20 on a home with an Equalized Assessed Value of $100,000.
The mission of the Colona School District is to promote student growth by providing rigorous and relevant learning opportunities in order to succeed in an ever-changing world.
- Picture Retake Day is Thursday, October 27, 2016
- To contact the School Board President, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breakfast will be served from 7:45-8:15 for the 2016-2017 school year. Breakfast and lunch are FREE for all students. If your child brings a lunch from home and needs a milk, you will need to purchase that for 25 cents.
- Junior Achievement is a community partner dedicated to giving Colona School students the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future and make smart academic and fiscal choices.