The mission of the Colona School District is to promote student growth by providing rigorous and relevant learning opportunities in order to succeed in an ever-changing world.
STUDENT Registration information:
NEW STUDENT only registration JULY 19th 11am-6pm in the Library.
Register your NEW student Here.
Please bring copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of residency requirements as shown here:
Each family must present 1 of the following items:
☐Most recent property tax bill AND proof of payment,
☐Mortgage papers (homeowners) e.g., cancelled check or Form 1098
☐ Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment
☐Notarized form filled out by the landlord/manager (available online or at the school) OR letter from manager AND proof of last month’s payment, e.g.,
☐Notarized Residence Form (available online or at the school) filled out by a District 190 resident who provides a fixed nighttime home as long as the students is not living with the District 190 resident solely for the purpose of attending Colona School.
AND 2 (two) of the following items:
☐Vehicle Registration ☐Driver’s license (with current Colona address)
☐Voter Registration ☐Current public aid card
☐Most recent gas or electric bill (within the last 30 days) ☐Most recent cable TV and/or credit card bill
☐Current homeowners/renters insurance policy AND payment receipt.
☐Most recent water bill (within the last 30 days)
To Register your RETURNING Student:
REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE. If you do not have a computer with internet access, the Colona Library has computers available for public use. The school will also have computers available for use in the office.
- Login to your TeacherEase account at www.teacherease.com using the email the school has on file. (For assistance with logging in, please contact the school.)
- Select Online Registration
- Complete the Registration Form by selecting Edit Form. Fill in the required information on each tab. After completing the last tab, select the Save button at the bottom. Remember to complete this for each student (scroll down for additional children).
- Pay Required Fees Starting July 5th and by August 1st online or at the school.
- Fees can be paid by cash or check at the school. If you are paying by credit/debit card, this must be completed through your TeacherEase account (see steps below).
- If you did not automatically qualify for a Fee Waiver based on the information we already have on file and would like to apply, forms are available online or at the school. You can also complete this through TeacherEase by selecting Request Registration Fee Waiver/Free-Reduced Lunch on the bottom of the Payment page. Fill in the requested information and click Calculate Eligibility. After it calculates, select Submit for Approval. You will then need to wait for the school to confirm or deny your request before you can make a payment. This is for registration fees only. It does not cover the notebook, lock, etc.
- To pay by credit/debit card:
- Login to your TeacherEase account.
- Click on Online Registration and scroll down to the Pay Fees link or Pay Registration Fees button.
- Select any Optional items. Click Continue. (If you have a credit on your account on you would like to use, want to make a partial payment, or pay a past due bill, you will need to contact the school.)
- Enter your credit/debit card information and click Continue. There is a $2 convenience fee for online payments.
- Residency Verification turn in by 4:00 pm on July 31st through email or fax preferably or at the school.
- All families must fill out the Proof of Residency Verification form and provide THREE (3) documents from the approved list to prove residency before the child can attend. The completed form along with copies of the 3 documents can be brought to the school, scanned in and emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 309-792-2249. The office is open throughout the summer but please call 309-792-1232 to verify that someone is in there.
The June board meeting is being rescheduled to June 15th at 6:30pm to allow for the Public Budget Hearing. The amended budget will be on display in the main office for pubic inspection beginning May 15, 2017.
- To contact the School Board President, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breakfast will be served from 7:45-8:15 for the 2016-2017 school year. Breakfast and lunch are FREE for all students. If your child brings a lunch from home and needs a milk, you will need to purchase that for 25 cents.
- Junior Achievement is a community partner dedicated to giving Colona School students the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future and make smart academic and fiscal choices.
- The Colona School Board Approved the 2016 Colona School District Tax Levy as presented. The approved 2016 tax levy, through a Property Tax Abatement Resolution passed during the November meeting, will lower the Colona School District tax rate from $3.91 to $3.89. The Tax Abatement will utilize Henry County 1-cent sales tax revenue to off-set $69,350 in Bond and Interest on Alternate Revenue Bonds the district sold in 2015 to make improvements in the school kitchen and cafeteria. The Property Tax Abatement will lower the 2016 tax levy by 1.04 percent from 2015 and will save approximately $20 on a home with an Equalized Assessed Value of $100,000.